Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Lack of Water vs Lack of Oxygen

Lack of Water vs Lack of Oxygen

I got myself involved in a debate over a friendly conversation with a friend of mine last week. The topic was Lack of Water vs Lack of oxygen. This debate only started because I had said that "80% of your headache's today are due to lack of water!" The line my mother always uses on me when I get little aches and pains. I was strongly opposed by my friend, as he believed that if it was 80%, it had to be lack of oxygen and not water.

Water is a fundamental part of our lives. It is easy to forget how completely we depend on it. Human survival is dependent on water . Water has been ranked by experts as second only to oxygen as essential for life, but that does not prove that most of your problems today are due to lack of oxygen.

Our bodies are not designed for low levels of oxygen, such as 20%, harmful toxins accumulate in our blood streams, cells, tissues, and organs, thus we still need water to clear these harmful toxins. We can live for weeks without food, for days without water; but we can only live for minutes without oxygen! As you read this post, you can live for at least another hour without having something to eat or drink, but if you do not breathe, you will fall off your chair and die within minutes.

This is all true, but my argument my friend is that "80% of your problems today are due to lack of water" Yes, we do need oxygen to survive, but most of our little aches and pains are not due to lack of oxygen but water.

I open this post to my fellow bloggers, you decide! water or oxygen? Which will it be? Start the debates.

No comments: